|Volume Number||Volume 11|
|Chapter Title||Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Give Thanks|
|Published||20 October 2016|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 104|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 106|
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
With Winter break over Tomoko returns to school. She sits down alone while behind her Ucchi presents to a group of her friends White Lovers Biscuits as a souvenir from her trip to Hokkaido. She is left with six. Ucchi contemplates taking them home but then approaches Yuri, who is busy listening to music at her desk. Yuri questions Ucchi’s kind gesture, which prompts Ucchi to remind Yuri that they were in the same field trip group. After this reminder, Yuri accepts the cookie, albeit still with some uncertainty. Next, Ucchi looks for Yoshida but is unable to find her at her desk. She goes out of the classroom and spots Yoshida leaning against an open window. Ucchi offers her a cookie, but Yoshida demands to know why. When Ucchi explains that they were in the same field trip group, Yoshida calls her a liar. Inwardly, Ucchi cannot believe this accusation given that Yoshida elbowed her in the stomach. She asks Yoshida to just accept the gift and throw it out if she does not want it. Yoshida tries the cookie and declares it "fucking awesome!" Ucchi leaves wondering why giving out souvenirs could prove so difficult.
"Last and least," Ucchi mutters as she glares from the classroom doorway at Tomoko, who has her head on her desk. She quietly approaches the apparently sleeping Tomoko and fears that if Tomoko knows she gave her a souvenir, she will pine for her even more. Tomoko, feigning sleep, wonders why someone is approaching her. She can see in the reflection of the window that it is "Emoji Face." Ucchi decides to slip them into Tomoko's pocket which Tomoko interprets as an attempt to grope her.
After Ucchi leaves, Tomoko digs the cookies out of her pocket to inspect them. Mako, who just walked in, informs her that Ucchi was giving out souvenirs to everyone in class. Tomoko correctly assumes that Ucchi did not want to talk to her but decides that she should still thank her. She incorrectly believes that Ucchi is trying hard to fit in with the cool kids so having someone like Tomoko talk to her in front of them would hurt Ucchi's reputation.
After school, Ucchi and her friends walk to their shoe lockers and discuss where to eat. Ucchi is distracted with thoughts about what Tomoko might have done with the snacks. She hopes that Tomoko did not simply throw them away; however, she accepts that Tomoko probably would consider finding cookies in her pocket "creepy." When she opens her locker, she is surprised to find a “thank you” note from Tomoko. One of her friends ask her if it is a love letter, and Ucchi simply says how creepy this is. She privately wonders how Tomoko knew it was her who gave her the snacks, and questions why Tomoko had to write a letter to thank her.
In order of appearance:
- Tomoko Kuroki
- Emiri Ucchi
- Miyazaki (unnamed)
- Ucchi's Friends (unnamed)
- Yuri Tamura
- Masaki Yoshida
- Kakinuma’s friends
- Mako Tanaka
- Ucchi mentions to Yuri and Yoshida that they were in the same field trip group. This took place between chapters 69 – 80.
- Ucchi recalls that Yoshida elbowed her in the stomach during the same trip, but she does not remind herself why.
- Tomoko inwardly refers to Mako as "The Lesbo" based on her misunderstanding in Chapter 99.
- The cookie box Ucchi brought back is the 18 count one, which costs approximately 50 USD.
- Ucchi is under the impression that Yuri and Yoshida have no friends, which means that she is unaware that Mako and Yuri are close friends.
- Emoji: Tomoko calls Ucchi "絵文字 (えもじ emoji)."
- Even though Ucchi admits she thinks the least of Tomoko, Tomoko actually received 4 cookies which is more than anyone else received, and she hopes Tomoko did not simply throw them out when she found them in her pocket.
- Shiroi Koibito, the White Lover Cookies Ucchi brings back from Hokkaido, are actually a very popular souvenir, as these cookies are only sold there.
- Yoshida forgetting who Ucchi is.
- Inwardly, Ucchi claims she does not want Tomoko attracted to her "again"; yet, she also hopes Tomoko does not throw out the cookies.
- Ever judgmental and misunderstanding of people, Tomoko, in her mind, refers to Mako as "Lesbo."
- Tomoko's thank you note provides the first suggestion to Ucchi that Tomoko can be a nice person. However, since Ucchi does not know Tomoko was actually awake, she assumes Tomoko knows it was her because Tomoko has been stalking her.
- “Liar. I don’t know who the hell you are, or what you’re after, but I’m not buying it.” – Yoshida
- "What can't these guys just take the damn thing? This must be why they have no friends." – Ucchi
- "Wait. What if she gets the wrong idea? I really don't want her pining after me again. . ." – Ucchi
|Volume 11 Chapters||99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | Special|
|Manga Volumes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13|
|TomoMote Chapters||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28|
|Anime Episodes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|