Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Title: Because I'm Not Popular, Kii-Chan Is Abnormal
Published: 06 October 2016
Tomoko finds out that Ki has a male friend but due to Ki's disinterest in him, Tomoko worries that Ki may be romantically interested in her instead. In an attempt to get Ki interested in guys, she inadvertently gives Ki the impression that she is into furries. Ki tries to be sympathetic to Tomoko and adds more to the misunderstanding by "confessesing" that she is into furries.
In order of appearance:
- This chapter is a direct continuation of the events from the previous chapter.
- Tomoko references the time she made up stories about how popular she was. She spoke about this back in chapter 14.
- Tomoko mentions Ki’s affinity for dogs, which Ki spoke about in chapter 60.
- This is the first time Ki and Tomoki are shown interacting.
- Tomoko claims to have known Ki for ten years, which means they met when Tomoko was 6 and Ki was approximately 3 or 4.
- Tomoki is seen carrying an 'adibos' brand duffle bag, which is a fictional version of the adidas brand.
- Ki plays a sim dating game on the 'PFP,' which is a fictional version of a PSP.
- The game Ki plays, 'Heart Throb Memorial' is a reference to a dating game series called 'Tokimeki Memorial.'
- Tomoko uses the 'gaagle' search engine, which is a fictional version of 'google.'
- While searching for games of guys who act like dogs, Tomoko comes across Tamaki Suo, a character from Ouran High School Host Club.
- By trying to learn more about Ki's tastes, Tomoko ends up looking at furries, which is a subculture interested in animals that exhibit human characteristics.
“Ki-chan’s looking out the window right now so go take a crap outside.” – (Tomoko Kuroki to her brother)