|Volume Number||Volume 7|
|Chapter Title||Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Try To Lengthen My Summer Break|
|Published||24 July 2014|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 62|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 64|
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Tomoko spends her whole day on the computer and enjoys herself so much that she comes up with a plan to live like a neet for the rest of her life. She decides to spend part of her summer being nice to Tomoki in hopes that he will provide for her in the future.
After some time, she notices how late it’s gotten and contemplates the joys of being a neet, someone who can waste their day like this everyday. She realizes that her father would not mind providing for her until she’s 25, but her mother would not allow her to have that kind of future. Tomoko then has an epiphany and concludes that if she stayed home until the age of 25, with a stress free life, she would be more beautiful than other 25 year old girls and be able to find someone to marry her, allowing her to continue her neet lifestyle. She becomes ecstatic but also makes a plan B in case she’s not able to get married. She would have no employment history nor any academic history. This saddens her as she also realizes that her parents would die before she does so there’s no guarantee that someone will take care of her for the rest of her life.
The next morning, Tomoko enthusiastically prepares onigiris for Tomoki who is suspicious of her kindness. He outright asks her what she wants. Tomoko simply tells him to remember her kindness when he’s an adult. He then heads off to school in a sour mood. Tomoko waves him farewell and triumphantly smiles at her plan to have Tomoki support her by spending part of her summer being nice to him.
In order of appearance:
- Tomoko mentions the time she spent over at Ki’s house (chapters 60, 61, 62).
- Tomoko believes that her chances of not marrying are 1 in a million, which is very optimistic and somewhat delusional. She showed a very similar type of optimism and delusion in chapter 2, when she told her brother that he would only need to talk to her until she got a boyfriend, which according to her, would only take one month.
- Tomoko said that her father would not mind providing for her until she turned 25, while her mother would. It can be inferred from this that her father is more easygoing.
- Tomoko was using Beats by Dre headphones.
- Tomoki was carrying an ‘Adibos’ bag, which is a fictional version of ‘Adidas'.
- Tomoko's imagination of herself in the future as a neet and her brother as a corporate drone.
- “In the one in a million chance that I don’t find someone to marry I’ll have no employment history and no academic history” – Tomoko
|Volume 07 Chapters||56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Omake|
|Manga Volumes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12|
|TomoMote Chapters||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28|
|Anime Episodes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|