|Volume Number||Volume 7|
|Chapter Title||Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Scare People|
|Published||25 June 2014|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 60|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 62|
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Tomoko and Ki stay up late watching scary videos and Tomoko pranks Ki by scaring her. In retaliation, Ki scares Tomoko with a puppet of an 8 ft tall woman, which ends up making Tomoko pee her pants.
During the night Tomoko shows Ki a scary video of an 8 ft tall woman. While Ki is immersed in the story, Tomoko scares her by yelling, “boo!” She then teases Ki about it and Ki tries to play it off by suggesting to watch the rest of the video.
When they go to sleep, Ki is wide awake, with a smile on her face, presumably until the next morning. When morning comes, Ki announces they eat watermelon on the porch. Tomoko agrees and they sit out to enjoy the scenery with some watermelon and tea. Ki brings up the story about the 8 ft tall woman from the video and then excuses herself to go use the bathroom. Tomoko relaxes while Ki is gone and looks out at the scenery. She sees an 8 ft, tall woman peeking out over the hedges. The woman stops to look in her direction and then continues walking.
Moments later, Ki comes back to the porch holding the 8 ft tall woman puppet but only sees a glass of spilled tea. She sits and waits for Tomoko who shows up a little later without her pants on. Tomoko lectures Ki on the difference between pranks that are okay and pranks that aren’t. She tries to drive home her message by asking Ki how she would feel in a “hypothetical” situation where her prank makes her (Tomoko) have a heart attack and pee herself. Ki says that she would feel sad and asks if Tomoko peed herself. Tomoko denies this and maintains that it was a hypothetical situation, to which Ki asks why she isn’t wearing any pants. Tomoko elaborates that Ki’s prank scared her so much, that she spilled the glass of tea on her pants. Ki makes the observation that the glass spilled on the floor. Tomoko explains that if she drank tea and a little came out of her bladder, it’s still considered tea. Ki, not wanting to upset her further, apologizes and simply agrees with her.
In order of appearance:
- This chapter is a continuation of Tomoko and Ki's summer arc from the previous chapter.
- Ki is in her second year of middle school and it was revealed in the previous chapter that she is currently 14. Two years later, when she starts high school, she will be 16 while Tomoko was 15 when she started high school.
- Since Tomoko did not take the time to put on a pair of new pants in the last scene, it can be inferred that she is also not wearing any underwear, assuming she keeps her pants and underwear in the same place.
- Tomoko pees herself and uses "logic" to deny it.
- “For example, if I drank some tea and it came out of my bladder, it’s still tea, right? Right?” – Tomoko
|Volume 07 Chapters||56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Omake|
|Manga Volumes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12|
|TomoMote Chapters||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28|
|Anime Episodes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|