|Volume Number||Volume 7|
|Chapter Title||Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Become A Dog|
|Published||11 June 2014|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 59|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 61|
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Tomoko gets dropped off at Ki’s house for a few days. Ki takes Tomoko to her room, where she give Tomoko a makeover, with a new dress and a new hairdo. They take a walk afterwards and Tomoko suspects that Ki has been treating her like a dog. Her suspicions continue when Ki ends up taking her to the park. Ki tells Tomoko to wait there while she goes somewhere else for a bit. It doesn’t take Tomoko long to notice that there are girls getting hit on here and she assumes that Ki did the same to her like she would to a dog. Ki eventually comes back and they walk home.
Ki consoles Tomoko, saying the guys at the park had no taste, but Tomoko takes it as an insult, thinking the situation was similar to a dog match up. To reverse the situation, Tomoko attempts to show-off her perfume applying abilities, only to have Ki show her the proper way of doing it.
Later, Ki decides to take Tomoko to the Summer Festival. At the festival, Tomoko continues to show-off in a continued effort to come out on top, but her efforts only come off as embarrassing for Ki. They eventually go to a shrine to make wishes. Afterwards, Ki trips on a rock and drops her hair clip. Seeing that Ki has no luck finding the clip, Tomoko gets on all-fours and uses the smell of the perfume to find it instead. Ki is gracious toward Tomoko and explains that the hair clip belonged to her dog, Purin, before she passed away. She then clips it on Tomoko and Tomoko becomes baffled that her status has sunken down to being a replacement for Purin.
- Tomoko continues to believe that Ki thinks of her as a dog (Chapter 16).
- In Chapter 54, Tomoko privately insulted Kotomi for resorting to violence because she could not outmatch her in a battle of wits. Ironically, Tomoko doesn’t hesitate to challenge Ki to a sumo match when she feels insulted.
- Tomoko applies perfume the wrong way by spraying too much. This is similar to what she did in Chapter 56.
- Ki’s parents call her Kiko.
- Ki is currently 14 while Tomoko is 16. This makes her 2 and some months younger than Tomoko, however, in the advice section of the magazine, Ki wrote that Tomoko is 3 years older.
- "Damn, she's totally treating me like her dog." – Tomoko
|Volume 07 Chapters||56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Omake|
|Manga Volumes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12|
|TomoMote Chapters||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28|
|Anime Episodes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|