|Volume Number||Volume 6|
|Chapter Title||Because I'm Not Popular, I Won't Change|
|Published||10 February 2014|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 53|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 55|
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
On her way out of the school, Tomoko runs into Kotomi and they have an awkward moment of silence. Nemoto passes by and calls out a goodbye to Tomoko, who looks at Kotomi to gloat. Kotomi turns to leave and Tomoko, who happens to be going the same way, follows closely.
They end up taking the same bus and Tomoko strategically sits behind Kotomi to annoy her. Later, a boy from Kotomi’s class asks to leave a book with her and then gets off the bus. Tomoko is stunned but to boost herself up, she says that the only reason the boy spoke to her so casually is because she is the librarian, not because she is actually charming.
Tomoko and Kotomi both get off at the same stop and initially go their separate ways. Curious about who Tomoko is meeting, Kotomi follows her to a cafe. She gets spotted by Yuu, who recognized her right away. Yuu invites her to their table and reconnect for a bit before excusing herself to the bathroom. In the short time that Yuu goes to the bathroom, Tomoko angers Kotomi to the point she ends up pulling her up by the front of her shirt.
After Yuu comes back, she takes them to the arcade. There, Tomoko and Kotomi continue to compete and try to best each other at different games. Afterwards, they walk home and Yuu suggests to meet up during summer break. She then sends them separate messages telling them to get along.
The next day, Tomok and Kotomi run into each other at school, again. This time, they have less animosity toward each other and privately admit that the way they are trying to get along right now mirrors their relationship from middle school.
- The three go to ClubMega, the arcade Tomoko and Yuu went to in chapter 3.
- Kotomi apologizes to Yuu for going home right after graduation. Her reasons were shown during her flashback in chapter 47.
- Tomoko calls Kotomi by “Komi-something-san,” a reference to how Tomoko views her as forgettable despite hanging out during middle school. This is the name Tomoko will continue to use in the future.
- Yuu and Kotomi lost touch because she got a new number after middle school.
- Tomoko thinks it’s gross for a girl to like someone younger.
- Tomoko believes that she would lose against Kotomi in a fist fight.
- This chapter's name is the same as chapter 100.
- Tomoko says, “Snape dies at the end,” which is a reference to one of the Harry Potter books.
- Kotomi uses the “side grip” technique to hold her gun at the arcade. This technique actually makes aiming more difficult and is just used for aesthetic purposes. It was especially popular in hip hope culture and with street criminals.
|Volume 06 Chapters||47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Special | Omake|
|Manga Volumes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12|
|TomoMote Chapters||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28|
|Anime Episodes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|