|Volume Number||Volume 4|
|Chapter Title||Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Stand Out|
|Published||17 January 2013|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 33|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 35|
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Tomoko’s class changes their seats again, this time with her being in the center of the class. During the break, she decides to set the video recorder on her phone which she places under her notebook to find out if anyone is talking about her behind her back. During the next break, she reviews the audio while sitting in a bathroom stall, but it turns out that not only are her classmates not saying mean things about her, none of them notice her despite her sitting in the literal center of the classroom. Thinking of the popular light novel, manga, and anime Another, Tomoko wonders if she is the "dead one." Tomoko more seriously wonders if she will remain ignored into her final year.
Back in class, students suddenly freak out over a cockroach, and Tomoko uses this as an opportunity to stand out. She heroically crushes the roach. Though she imagines students lauding her, she only receives silence and her teacher inviting her to clean her shoes. She returns to class excited. After class, she listens to the new recording she made while she was dismissed. Her attempt to seem heroic backfired and made people think that she is weird for not showing any fear or remorse over crushing the roach.
- Tomoko’s new seat is basically one seat behind her old one from the second term beginning in chapter 19.
- Tomoko dresses as Mei Misaki from Another, carries her doll, and even references lines from that anime by valuing her existence as invisible for a single panel in both the second and third pages. She even slyly lifts her eye patch to reveal her special eye.
- Another internal confirmation that Tomoko is currently 15 years old.
- Tomoko is "Another."
- “Get your ass over here you cockroach!! I'll show you the power of humanity!” – Tomoko
- "She's a really quiet girl, but she seems kind of weird, that Kuroki-san. . ." – Voice on Recording
|Volume 04 Chapters||28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Special | Omake|
|Manga Volumes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13|
|TomoMote Chapters||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28|
|Anime Episodes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|