|Volume Number||Volume 2|
|Chapter Title||Because I’m Not Popular, Summer Will End|
|Published||03 May 2012|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 17|
|Next Chapter||V02 Special Edition|
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Lying on her bed depressed over her lack of accomplishment, Tomoko hears her television announce that the Cygnus constellation and a "shooting star" will be viewable in her area that night. Tomoko goes to a convenience store, buys a cup of ramen, and eats it on a public bench in the "OX Park." As she waits, she wonders if she feels sad because it is the end of summer, her worry over starting a new term, irritation, or her realization that she sits alone eating ramen at the end of summer. She thinks of the saying that hard and painful things are the spice of life. As her eyes tear, she tells herself that she cannot think that way or she will want to kill herself "while looking down in a dark place." Instead, she chooses to keep looking up: "I came here to see the stars."
She sees a shooting star and thinks about a wish. After discarding some silly ones, she decides that she wants to watch the stars with a guy. On cue, a cat comes out of the bushes. When Tomoko gives the cat half of her onigiri, the cat responds by rubbing up against her legs. Tomoko happily plays and tickles the cat, which allows her to discover that he is a male cat.
The next day, Tomoko dons her school uniform and prepares herself for the "next stage." She feels she can manage it.
- Tomoko recalls what she did during her summer break, which include her kneeling on the ground in chapter 15 and the handshake event in the previous chapter.
- Onigiri: staple of any manga character's diet.
- Tomoko shows a more mature insight. She examines herself honestly, including her faults, and starts her new term with a more realistic determination.
- "Even though the sole reason for your existence is to support your older sister . . . die! – Tomoko
- “I can't think like that… Otherwise I'll want to kill myself while looking down in a dark place. I need to keep looking up… I came here to see the stars…” – Tomoko
- "A meteor will strike the school . . . a serial killer will come into the classroom." – Tomoko
- It's okay . . . I managed to see the stars with a guy. I can do this." – Tomoko
|Volume 02 Chapters||10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Special | Omake|
|Manga Volumes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13|
|TomoMote Chapters||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28|
|Anime Episodes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|