Watashi no Tomodachi ga Motenai no wa Dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui.
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault That My Friend's Not Popular.
Broken up into single-page vignettes, the first contains the side-panel narration: "Mokocchi is stuck in the 3 person group she never wanted. . ."
After watching some anime one night, Tomoko decides to style her hair after a character. Unfortunately for her, Kotomi has the exact same hair and the two girls learn to their horror that the other is an otaku too.
Kotomi sees this as an opportunity to befriend her, but Tomoko uses it to denigrate Kotomi by claiming that she stopped watching anime in elementary school. While inwardly cursing Tomoko, Kotomi tries to pretend that she no longer watches "that much anime."
Don't Recognize ItEdit
However, when Yū says she watched it and found it interesting, Tomoko immediately declares she watched it as Kotomi inwardly seethes. Yū cheerfully asks if they both chose their hairstyle from the anime, but they simultaneously deny it.
Assessing Your SurroundingsEdit
In the girls room, two fix their hair. One asks the other if she saw the two girls in their class with "major bed hair." The other corrects her that they are doing a "pair look," and both laugh. Tomoko and Kotomi emerge from the stalls and promptly change their hair.
In order of appearance:
- Bed Hair : there are more salacious connotations which do not actually apply in this case. WataMote Wikia is disappointed in you if you felt otherwise.
- Idiot Hair (アホ毛・アホげ・ahoge): both Tomoko and Kotomi's anime hair have this.
- Kotomi tries to open a dialogue with Tomoko, but Tomoko uses the opportunity to denigrate her.
- "She's an otaku too!" - Tomoko and Kotomi
- "I thought it was hard to talk to this girl, but . . . since we have the same hobby, maybe we could be friends." - Kotomi about Tomoko
- "Is this bitch for real?!"- Kotomi also about Tomoko